Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

The much anticipated Christmas Eve is here. We exchange gifts at our house on Christmas Eve so as to have a little less chaos on Christmas Day. We always go and have breakfast at my mother's on Christmas morning.

I think one of our traditions isn't going to happen this year, it has been sporadic the past few years. Our children always had to take a nap on Christmas Eve, usually while their dad was on his way home from work. No one could open gifts until a nap was in the books. As I think of this now, I don't know how they ever went to sleep. The anticipation level was always so high. Guess it did help that I would get them up early and have them busy all morning. There is no better way to start the Christmas marathon than with a clean room.

This Christmas Eve has been a great one so far. The kids and I did a little last minute shopping and now all the presents are wrapped and under the tree. Even the three I had forgotten. Hope I have found them all.

Merry Christmas to all our family and friends. We all hope you have a safe and happy holiday season.

No comments:

Followers