Monday, January 18, 2010

Searching for THE dress


Our daughter became engaged just before Christmas. We were thrilled. So, now the planning has begun. We have always laughed that we are both OCD, but now know we actually have CDO. It is like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order they way they should be. ;)

From the minute she put the ring on her finger - well probably since she met the guy - it has been planning time. At this rate, all should be planned by this June. Someone please remind me of that during the fall.

She has decided the following:

Groom
Location
Colors
Bridesmaids
Flower girls
Ring Bearers
Food for reception
Flower girl baskets
Favors
Person to make the cake - and has a design she likes


The best news I have is we are pretty sure she has found THE dress. She has tried it on at two locations now. Both times I had to make her take the dress off. She invited her father to see her in it the second time.

She will always be dad's 'little bit' and she felt she couldn't make such an important choice without his blessing. Her fairytale continues.....

2 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Oh I have the OCD, too. I mean CDO!!!! ;)

Love that!

I know THE dress is gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more about the planning. I have several years to go but I can always take notes. (Because I know you will take great ones...tee hee.)

Lea said...

hehe... it is!

Followers