Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sisters


I understand not everyone has an older sister as I do, some of you are thankful you are the oldest, any only child, or just thankful you don't have a sister. You can know you cannot be as blessed as I am to have an older sister like mine. She is the best ever(that may have something to do with the fact that she has a wonderful, much younger sister).

My sister has always been there for so many in her life, my mother, my father, me and so many more. She has been so many things to me through our lives. I am thankful she came to love me, since she had been the only child for nearly seven years when I was born. I am not so sure I would have been such an accepting older sibling, if there had been a new baby in the house just before my 7th birthday. But she somehow tolerated me and came to be my protector.

Yes, she felt it her job to watch out for me. That also turned itself into making sure my parents knew anything I did that she did not approve of as we grew up. Mostly she watched out for me. She has always been there for me. She was there when our dad was sick and was so strong in his last days. She was there when my kids were born and as they have grown into teenagers

Through every thing we have been through - we have become not just sisters but great friends. She is the type of person I would not call from jail - because she would be sitting in the cell right beside me.

The past few days she has become more and more admirable in my eyes. She is facing some tough days ahead, but shows such strength and courage. She is still my protector. She is trying to convince everyone - everything will be fine - six months from now - it will all be good again. Such courage, strength, determination, faith, and gumption she shows.

Guess it just good genes! Sister - I am there for you!

No comments:

Followers