Monday, October 20, 2008

Patience


Patience, well I guess if you know me, you know I don't have much. Even thinking back to having children, I didn't have any there either. Just could not wait for them to be born, hence early babies.

Waiting is something I do not do well. I could blame it on this instant society we live in, but who am I kidding. It is just me, I want things now. Not just things, but to accomplish task quickly, go on to the next thing.

I think back to cold winter Saturdays when my dad would cook chili. He was not one to cook much, but what he made for us was always such a treat. Chili and fudge were his specialties. They both took time and patience to achieve. He would cook his chili from early in the morning until around 5:00 p.m. when we would all gather as a family to enjoy that scrumptious meal.

I guess that was one of those life lessons my dad tried to teach me, good things are worth waiting for. Again I find myself waiting, impatiently, for the words that my sister is healthy again. I am hopeful that those words will come soon. I could wish for those words tomorrow, but I know that will not be, but I do have faith they will come in time. Until then, I am thankful for my faith and the healing power of our Father in heaven. Mark 10:27

No comments:

Followers