Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lime pickles

I had never enjoyed Lime Pickles until I started dating my husband. I think the first time I tried them was at his sister's house. I had no idea what I was missing. They are my favorite on a grilled hamburger or a sandwich.

They are pretty easy to make and for those who knew Grandmother Grubbs, you know she didn't mind helping me learn to make them. There is no telling how many questions she answered the first few summers I made them. I would call and she would walk me through what ever issue I was having with them.

As I finished a batch today, I just wonder how many quarts of those tasty pickles have been made in this kitchen. I am thankful for the many skills she passed down to me and countless others in this kitchen.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Donita said...

Please share the recipe!

Followers