Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Musical Table & Chairs

You would think helping our daughter plan her wedding, working full time outside the home, and trying to help my husband around the house would keep me busy. Oh, it keeps me busy alright - but if you know me, I like busy x10! I have been furniture shopping in my spare time.Actually, I have been shopping on the popular Craigslist. Craigslist is entertaining to say the least.

Back up a few years in this story. After the passing of my husband's grandmother, most of her belongings had been divided between her two daughters and her grandchildren. Her kitchen table was not spoken for and our daughter expressed an interest in having it. Long story short, dad brought the table home for her. About 4 years ago we moved into Grandmother's farmhouse. We decided the table need to go back into the kitchen. We had the chairs recovered and began using it.

Fast forward to now - daughter getting married - wants her table and chairs. She also wants an old red and white enamel table I have - to use as an island in her kitchen. This turns into shopping for a new table chairs for kitchen and a table to replace the other one.

After a few dead ends we found a lovely table and chairs on Craigslist. It is a farmhouse style and looks right at home in our kitchen. But the true gem is the table that will replace my enamel table came as surprise.

My mother in law has an old table that once was home here as well. It had been her grandmother's table. It is in need of refinishing and some TLC. Luckily we have a friend who thinks he can restore the table for us. This was such a nice surprise for her to allow us to use this table. The table is more than 100 years old, oh to be able to hear the conversations that were had around that table through the years......

No comments:

Followers