Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wedding excitement

I have always knowing my children would grow up and one day marry, but one of those days is getting closer to becoming a reality. The date June 18, 2011, sounded so far off when it was planned back in December of 2009, now not so far away.

Plans happening everywhere I look. Wedding bands were ordered by the happy couple this past week. One is already in and is beautiful! Invitations should be here in about a week. Flower girls dresses are being made. One ring bearer's outfit located - just need to confirm a size. Probably the biggest excitement - the first dress fitting is just around the corner.

This is one of those times when I remember to be thankful for friends. A couple of great friends recently offered to take a time consuming task off my hands. Such great treasures friends are! Other friends have offered to help the day before and the day of the big event. I have learned - it takes a small army to pull off a wedding - well that or a small fortune. I am thankful to have an army of friends!

Now, if I could only remember what else I am forgetting to do for this wedding......

No comments:

Followers