Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hissing and Spewing

When you get the call that your hot water heater is heating and spewing - you know it isn't a good day. Luckily our daughter came home and found the leaking water heater not long after it began leaking. She was able to shut off the water and turn the power off to the water heater. After a couple of phone calls, a plumber promised to have us a new one installed before the night was out. We are so thankful for friends who are tradesmen.

Strangely, this led to my spices being alphabetically organized. Our microwave WAS on the hot water heater - it had to be moved. Since we remodeled the kitchen (nearly 3 years ago) we now have cabinet the microwave will fix on - it just never made it there. This meant the counter tops needed reorganizing. This lead to putting some things in the cabinets - which were in need of a good straightening. Once all the spices and seasoning were out of the cabinet - the only logical way I could find to put them back was alphabetically.

Those who know me might find this totally out of the ordinary for me - to be organized - but it seems I am becoming more that way as I get older. A couple years ago my closet became organized by jeans, slacks, capris, tops, skirts then dresses. Not only by type - but by colors - and length. I never thought 3 years ago I would keep it that way - but I have and have organized by hubby's as well.

Thankfully, about 5 hours after the first hissing and spewing we have hot water, clean counters and organized spices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Glad you have a new water heater and organized spices!!!!! WIN!

Followers