Monday, August 10, 2009

Family

Family - there just isn't anything else like it. Well, maybe your hair, really - think about it. You love it today, irritated at it tomorrow, miss it when it is gone, constantly thinking about changing it, gets messed up easily, disappoints you sometimes..... See your hair is like your family.

Okay, so I got a little wacky there for a while. I do miss my family when they are gone. Two have gone away this week - without me! I will forgive them, I had the chance to go too, just not enough time off from work. They have gone to be with some of our extended family and I hope they are having a wonderful time.

Maybe this is helping me adjust to another family member being gone for while. Our wonderful son is going off to basic training in a few short weeks. He go straight to AIT from there. Seems like he will be gone forever. I know it will pass quickly. Just the thought of it now is sad.

We have always been a very close family and I am thankful for that! Even though it is only August - I can't wait until Christmas. We will be together then. He comes home for two weeks then. I don't care if that is the only present I get - I just love being with my family.

P.S. - Don't tell my husband about not caring about getting a gift for Christmas. he he

No comments:

Followers