Monday, June 8, 2009

Overloaded Apple Cart

It never fails, or should I say, I never fail. A day off, isn't that supposed to be a good thing. Something to look forward to? Not if it is planned in advance and it is my day off.

It all started with a dentist appointment. I was to have my teeth cleaned at 1:00 p.m. I scheduled this back in November of last year. Thought Monday at 1:00 p.m. would be good - work all morning - go to the dentist and then take the afternoon off. Good plan, huh?

Then my wonderful daughter tells me we both need to go to the university she plans to attend in the fall; a meeting with an academic advisory is need prior to applying for a grant. I said sure, we can do that in the morning - I will just take the entire day off. We need to drop by the Financial Aid office to turn in more scholarship acceptance letters. Along the way we must also stop by the Business office to confirm tuition discount info was received.

While she is with me and just two doors down from the dentist is the insurance agent. Never a cheaper time than while young to get your own life insurance policy. Get insurance while you a health, young and have a little money....

So, a call last week to our "Charlie" of Farm Bureau and a 2:00 p.m. appointment was made. The day is getting busier, but not too bad.

Next, it dawns on me I keep putting off apply for a passport. My wonderful husband has his, and it is current (I checked this morning). We have toyed with the idea of a cruise this fall and to go out of the country now a passport is a must. Thinking on the way home, we will pass right through the Metropolitan of Springfield, why not just take car of that today too?

Photo - almost forgot - must have photo for passport. A trip to the local Walgreen's is on the to do list. Last but not least, a trip to the county building to complete the passport application.

Did I mention Vacation Bible School at church tonight? What about needing to bake a batch of bar cookies for VBS? Maybe add in a trip to Dollar General, lunch and dinner. How did this day start?

I think I remember, a lone little trip to the dentist. And he must be planning a nice vacation for he and his wife. I must go back for "a little work". I am looking forward to a nice day at work tomorrow. Wait - who said that? Surely not me!

Maybe when I am having a not so good day at work - I will come back and read this post and be thankful for the job I have.

No comments:

Followers