Saturday, July 17, 2010

Banana Pudding anyone?

When someone mentions it is time for church camp I think of banana pudding. I know that sounds strange, but in the past 11 years I have made gallons and gallons of banana pudding. This year will be the same, except I won't be there all day every day.

There comes a time when it is time to pass the torch. My wonderful hubby and I have been to camp almost every year with our kids and we loved it. I have worked in the kitchen each of those years. I can't imagine how many kids I have fed. But it is all about the kids.

So many bring back special memories. From the one who passed away less than 2 months ago, another one lost a mother and brother this past year, to some who are now married and raising little one's of their own. I hope some of the lessons learned at church camp are staying with them through life's journey.

Now, off to buy supplies - top of the list 18 pounds of bananas!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Followers